ICA is committed to providing students the highest quality training available. All programs are delivered by teleclasses, using high quality bridge lines. The following guidelines have been provided to enhance your teleclass experience and ensure the call environment is kept clear and functional for all participants.
** Create a Quiet Space **
Please create a quiet space from which to participate in the calls. You will get the most out of the call if you sit quietly and really focus on what's happening on the calls. You may be tempted to move around and do other things during the class, but please allow yourself to be totally present to the group and conversation instead. If you must move around for something, make sure that you have the mute button on so that no distracting noise comes across the phone and into the group space (yes, we can hear everything!).
** Minimize Distractions **
It is important to minimize background noise and interruptions. Turn off the ringer on any other phone line in your vicinity and minimize background noise such as computers, radios and televisions, pets, family members, and other household noises. If you are interrupted during the class, use your mute button or the *6 mute feature of the bridge line. Do not place the class on hold as we will hear music when you do so. Pressing *6 again will turn the mute off so that you can share.
** Dial in Technology **
Classes are delivered using zoom. Make sure you
- Download and test the technology before your first class
- Join 5 minutes before the class
- Have your video turned on (unless you are having connection issues or in a busy space)
- Adjust your camera to be eye level
- Mute your microphone if you're not speaking
- Try to avoid talking over other participants (use the chat function if you would like to ask a question and someone else is speaking
- Be aware this is a learning space so refrain from doing other tasks such as checking emails, looking at your phone etc.