ICF Defines Mentor Coaching as “...coaching and feedback in a collaborative, appreciative and dialogued process based on an observed session to increase the coach’s capability in coaching, in alignment with the ICF Core Competencies"
Your mentor’s role is to provide formative evaluation of your performance – that is, an evaluation of where you are in relation to the 10 ICF Core Competencies as measured by the PCC Markers along with information, recommendations and challenge for improvement.
The ICA trainer’s role as mentor coach is to:
* develop mentor/mentee relationship
* present new knowledge and skills
* challenge and extend students' understanding of coaching
* provide students with effective feedback and evaluation
* prepare students to demonstrate competence in Observed Coaching and the Oral Exam